Our mailbag is expanding ...Sire
To S&OP or not to S&OP: That is the question:
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The claims and errors of outrageous sales forecasts
Or to make plans against a sea of market uncertainties,
And by opposing end them?
“To lie?” think the Sales Department because they (the Planners) produce the wrong product;
“To sleep?” think the Planners; lets ignore the Sales Department because they always get it wrong;
“No more” says the CEO, I’ve had enough ...
Borrowed from Hamlet 3/1 by William Shakespeare
Let the debate continue ... check out the next instalment in a few days time
In this series:
- What has S&OP ever done for us?
- Is S&OP Really Necessary? Integrated Supply Chain Planning
- The Role of Integrated Supply Chain Planning
- Is S&OP Really Necessary? Forecasting & Supply Chain Responsiveness
- What has S&OP ever done for us? A great deal actually...
- What has S&OP ever done for us? The role of the CEO