How Do We Increase FMCG Sales?
We have developed a methodology over the last 30 years, which gives a step-by-step approach to ensuring that each element of the front-end distribution strategy is laser-focused on delivering excellence in FMCG RtM execution.
Our approach has 5 chapters and covers 15 Essential Areas:
We MUST ensure that our Distribution Partners (DPs) are set up to deliver excellence in RtM execution, and we must help them to do so.
Here are the 15 areas for DP Excellence in Sales Execution🎯🎯🎯:
𝟭. 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘: DP RtM Team has suitable structure, organisation, time & equipment
𝟮. 𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: Sales Force staff turnover is not a major concern
𝟯. 𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗: Effective incentives in place are focused on KPIs
𝟰. 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗕𝗨𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦: DP focused on new customers & increased Distribution
✔✔✔𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗔𝗟𝗘 (𝗣𝗢𝗦)✔✔✔
𝟱. 𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗟𝗞𝗜𝗧: DP RtM Team is equipped & trained for outlet execution & activation
𝟲. 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗟: Clear rules are in place for POS Toolkit use & records
𝟳. 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗨𝗦: There is a living outlet database covering all the market
𝟴. 𝗦𝗘𝗚𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: Outlets segmented on agreed criteria with a service package per segment
𝟵. 𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦: Clearly defined, resourced & performing territories
𝟭𝟬. 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗘𝗦: Effective route planning, routinely refreshed
𝟭𝟭. 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗬: Call frequency aligned to sales, operational & strategic goals
𝟭𝟮. 𝗦𝗨𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦: KPIs in place to measure success & reward
𝟭𝟯. 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧: KPIs support strategic, tactical & operational requirements of The Producer
𝟭𝟰. 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: Deliver relevant training & coaching programmes for the RtM team
𝟭𝟱. 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚: Data & market intelligence are openly shared between DP and Producer
It is essential that we partner and work with our DPs to implement and improve the above.
I would love to have your comments and feedback on our 15 Essentials to Drive FMCG Distribution & Execution.
What should you do now?
- Subscribe to my Route to Market Blog Here.
- Take our free distributor management training course here.
- If you need specific help on RtM Training or any RtM issue, please reach out to me.
- Use our 20 Steps to Route to Market Excellence model to guide you on your RtM journey.
- You can use the Enchange Supply Chain House to help with your Supply Chain Transformation.
- As we always say, NOW is the time to review, build, and/or transform your RtM Strategy and Execution to reap the rewards. Do not wait. Feel free to use our 20 Steps to Route to Market Excellence Implementation Guide to help you.